Sunday, May 29, 2016

Blog Post #C- chapter 8

photo credit to educationalnetworking


The first concept that I found intertesting was educational networking. Before looking at all of the productive ways teachers could use social networking that are listed in the textbook I thought the idea of using social networking as an educator was a bit uneccessary. As I get further along in this class my mind is becoming more open to the use of social networking in the classroom and i'm getting a better understanding of it. I believe the use of social networking for teacher-to-teacher discussions about curriculum and education, that the textbook suggests, is a great idea and would help me and many future teachers in the classroom. For newer teachers it would allow them to be able better embrace help from teachers who have been working a while, and for teachers who have been educators for some time I think it could help them make their instructional time more up to date and interesting for their students. I believe that using educational networking for this reason could most definitely help teachers, myself included, in many ways.


This video shows briefly what its like to use skype in the classroom
(video credit to skype)

The second concept that I really enjoyed reading about was communicating with skype in the classroom. I can not wait to use skype as an instructional tool in my classroom. I think its amazing that you can have your students participate in a video conversation in skype with another class that they would never get to meet in person. I think it would be a great way for students to learn about other cultures, and improve on their technology and communication skills all well having a fun time.



Photo credit to Brigette Rivet via storybird

The last concept that I have chose to write about is using technology to share with families. I think that this is an extremely important concept. The textbook made a very valid point that I would have never thought of, posting information such as assignments and announcements online saves time that you can use in class for course material or other important things. I also know as a student how much more likely I was to complete all my assignments knowing that at any moment my parents could check and see what I had to complete and what kind of grades I was receiving in class. As a future teacher I will most definitely be posting information online to families, but I will still be announcing it in the classroom for the students who can not access the internet.



Resources



 Hargadon, S. (n.d.). Home. Retrieved May 29, 2016, from http://www.educationalnetworking.com/
 
Maloy, Robert, Verock-O’Loughlin,Ruth-Ellen, Edwards, Sharon A., and Woolf, Beverly Park (2013). Transforming Learning with New Technologies. 2nd Edition. Boston, MA: Pearson Education, Inc.

 Rivet, B. (n.d.). Poetry by brigettecollette on Storybird. Retrieved May 29, 2016, from https://storybird.com/poetry/poem/rzv273gqye/ 

 S. (2013). Skype in the Classroom brings together classes in New Zealand and California. Retrieved May 29, 2016, from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YVeMPY5FqU 

No comments:

Post a Comment